This device transmits the audio into our MP3 Streaming service and into your conference bridge when it its turned on or when the volume level is high enough. The Barix Instreamer is available for sale in Canada from us or from Montezuma Sound in the USA. Data Sheet
You will want to be sure to make all changes under advanced settings on the Instreamer. If you make changes to the settings using the basic settings portion it will erase necessary advanced settings.
To start configuring your Instreamer connect to the internal web page on it.
You’ll want to make sure that the following settings are set as shown:
- Input Source: Line mono
- Audio Format: MPEG1/44.1kHz (MP3)
- MPEG bitrate mode: We recommend CBR but you can adjust.
- MPEG CBR bitrate: 128kbps is recommended but adjust as you see fit.
- A/D amplifier gain: Adjust this as necessary to get the appropriate volume on your streaming and call out.
- MP3 Bit Reservoir: We recommend using this.
Streaming Mode: Adjust this based on your use case. “Send always” will send audio whenever the system is turned on. If you choose “send on Level” you’ll see a different set of options.
- Buffer Underrun Mode (TCP): skip
- Stream Packet Strategy: optimal package
- UDP Tx source port: 0
- Own Name: This is a text string and can be whatever you want.
- Radio Path: This was provided in your setup email and will be something like “/1234”.
- Icy-url / SIP user: This was provided in your setup email and defaults to “source”.
- Icy-genre: This is just a text string. I usually put in “Christian”.
- Shoutcast stream: public
- Icecast source: Enter the hostname provided in your setup.
- Port: Enter the port number provided in your setup email.
On this tab you only need to set the Icecast/Shoutcast password. Set this as provided in the setup email.
Once you’re done making all these changes you can press “Apply” that will save the changes and restart the Instreamer.